Kerry sullivan's Reviews > One Small Thing

One Small Thing by Piper Vaughn

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: gay-fiction, romance
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012

This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

I have mixed feeling about this book, on the one hand it is a sweet story about 3 men trying to make ends meet and trying to live their dreams and on the other it was snails pace slow. Erik was the hardest to get behind, mainly because I struggled to believe his character. He adapted too quickly to Alice and with no panicked phone calls to either Rue or his mother, that just didn't ring true. Now I know he did loads of internet research before he took Alice but still, the reality of a screaming baby is very different from watching a video about it. It was Rue and Dusty that kept me reading, they were fascinating in their inclusion of Erik. How he went from weird guy to friend and then more was just a delight to watch. These 3 men became a family and even with my misgivings about Erik it really was beautiful. it was not an earth shattering read but it was a pleasant one. This is a feel good book and it did make me smile and it did make me sad but it didn't rock my world, but it did brighten it a little so I am glad I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Small Thing.