Melliane's Reviews > Boyfriend from Hell

Read from July 25 to 28, 2012

4,5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

As soon as I saw the cover of this new novel I knew that I absolutely had to read it. And after this synopsis, it did not take long for me to jump on this little gem. Well I must say that I am always ready for a good urban fantasy book, and I really liked this one. I loved the characters, I loved the story, what more can I ask for?

Clency Tina is a young woman who works in the Zone, this place that most people avoid. Well, a lot of strange things happen there and the people living in this place seem to possess abilities quite incredible. However, she tries to not spend a lot of time there to work and become a lawyer. But things get complicated when one day, her boyfriend tries to kill her by rolling over her and without realizing it, she sends him to hell. Literally! And when she receives a word that announces her that she is a daughter of Saturn, her whole life is turned upside down. We do not realize how much it will disrupt her routine. She will then have to manage with her own abilities and with the persons who now seem to want to kill her without she can understand the reason.

Tina is a young woman I really enjoyed to follow throughout the novel. Well, she is determined to do what she wants whatever everyone wants. And especially to pass her exams even if she is shot or if her life is in danger. We learn to discover her, understand her strengths and weaknesses, to see how she manages to adapt to this new world, as everything changes radically overnight without her asking for it. I loved the Jamie Quaid’s ideas, she approaches new things that I had not yet the opportunity to read in an Urban Fantasy novel and I liked it. Discovering this new world we didn’t know anything about, some characters with unique abilities, and an involved plot, we can’t ask for anything more.

We meet many protagonists here. It also arises many questions about them. If they are trustworthy, if they want something from our heroine, and especially what the Zone has changed them into. We'll find the truth gradually throughout the story, establishing the truth little by little to finally understand what is really going on. I loved each of them. How can we not love this baby cat? Impossible! And what about Andrew? I asked myself a lot of questions about him, trying to figure out what he was trying to get from our heroine. Well I haven’t yet concluded on his case, but something is certain, we learn to love him more and more with each chapter. But he is not alone and all these people will help our heroine, much more than what we had originally thought. Well, she really need that even if she thinks she can handle everything all by herself.

As I said many things happen in this novel and there is no downtime. Not here, not any chance to get bored that's for sure! The rhythm is sustained throughout the novel so that I couldn’t let it go until finished.

Well, I think you understand, I loved this first novel that announces a new great series and I really look forward to learn more now.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boyfriend from Hell.

07/27/2012 page 84