Delphina's Reviews > Forbidden Touch

Forbidden Touch by K.S. Haigwood

Jul 25, 2012

liked it
Read in July, 2012

I am struggling with rating and writing a review for this book. On one had, I loved the premise and the main story arc. It was original and included some of the mystery/crime elements I enjoy in a book. I did not overly connect with the heroines interpersonal relationships, but I rarely understand why people love who they love and reading about people whose relationships baffle me is fun. As a reader, however, I struggled with some of the author's transitions from scene to scene. I have no problem with "head hopping" and having a story go from one person's perspective to another. I actually enjoy it. The problem I had with this book is that it just seemed to happen and I would think I was in one scene coming from one person's perspective and then all of a sudden I realized I was in someone else's head in a different town. I think this could have easily been remedied with some better editing, so I am giving this story a three. I would love to see this book re-released with a slightly different technique. Even those little symbols some authors have been using lately to differentiate between scenes would work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Touch.