Ning's Reviews > A Scandalous Affair

A Scandalous Affair by Karen  Erickson

F_50x66
Jul 27, 12

Read in July, 2012

I didn’t realize how short this was when I first requested it, but for a novella (80 pages), it’s a really enjoyable read. It had all the elements I enjoy in a historical/regency romance: a daring heroine, a titled lord, and endless rounds of ballrooms and dancing and the gossipy ton.

Considering how short it is, the connection between Daphne and Hartwell’s is pretty believable. I love how daring Daphne is. Since Hartwell is kind of shy, she had to be the one to make the first move. Seeing her chasing after Hartwell was really entertaining. As for Hartwell, the reason for his shyness wasn’t very believable to me, but probably because I’m not accustomed to society’s expectations at that time period. It kind of makes sense that if his stutter was widely known, then the ton could be pretty harsh about it. Since he’s shy in that way, he just wasn’t the kind of historical romance hero I’m used to – the super dominant men who could care less what society thought of them.

The sex scenes were pretty hot! For someone so shy, Hartwell sure knows how to pleasure a woman! But I don’t really think it should be considered erotica, since I’ve read similar sex scenes in other romances.

A Scandalous Affair is worth it if you’re looking for something short and sweet in the historical romance genre!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Scandalous Affair.