Heather Wood's Reviews > Poison Princess

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

Oct 28, 12

Read from October 27 to 28, 2012

When I saw the description of this book, I was beyond excited. Give me Kresley Cole and a tarot themed apocalypse story any day of the week! Although I really loved this story, a few of the characters kept this from being a five star read for me.

The story gripped me from the get go. I dare anyone to read the first chapter and not want to read this novel. After the strong introduction, it dragged a little as the novel focused on Evie and her high school melodrama. However, after the first 100 pages, things picked up again as the Flash decimates most of the population (this isn't a spoiler since this is revealed in the first few pages).

The descriptions of Evie's visions were vivid and disturbing. It was chilling as she described the visions of the other Arcana. There was plenty of suspence too since there are several mysteries Evie must figure out as part of her destiny. Evie wasn't the most likable character. However, I think her weaknesses demonstated how much she grew throughout the book.

The main thing I hated about book was the love interest Jackson. I honestly had no idea what Evie saw in him. When he isn't insulting her, he's sipping from a flask and talking about himself as "ole Jack." In one scene, he actually yells at her for not putting out for him. Blech! Usually if I hate the love interest, it's a deal breaker and I end up disliking the book. However, the story was so strong, I still enjoyed it immensely.

The ending was so good! I can't wait to see what happens next. And who knows? Maybe Jackson will grow on me or a new love interest will pop up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Princess.