Kelly José's Reviews > Honest Illusions

Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts

Dec 03, 08

bookshelves: adult
Read in September, 2008

This is the first Nora Roberts book that I've ever bothered to read, and I must say I'm glad I read it. I've read more original books in my young age, but I really enjoyed this book nevertheless.

When I first picked it up, I wasn't sure what it was about, but I decided to read it anyway, knowing that Nora Roberts is supposedly a very good author, and pretty upset for never giving a book of her's a chance sooner. I was surprised by the amount of romance in it, as I expected it to be mostly a magic-mystery type of book. It had a *wee* bit more steamy scenes in it than mother would approve, and I soon lost count of how many sex scenes there were in the book. While I thought it could do without some of it, especially in the last half of the book, it didn't take away from the story, but actually added a lot to it in certain moments.

The book had a nice twist in it, and the ending resolution was nothing short of satisfying. The book has a nice mix and balance of all of the things someone would want to have in an enjoyable, exciting read. This was one of the funnest weekend reads I've had in a loooong time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honest Illusions.

11/13/2008 page 60
13.89% "This is the first book I've ever read by Nora Roberts, and so far I like it. :]" 1 comment