Suz's Reviews > Seven Day Loan

Seven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, short
Read on July 25, 2012

4.5 Stars. Reisz is on her way to becoming my favorite BDSM fiction writer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Day Loan.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kitt (new) - added it

Kitt I think I'll use this one to try Reisz out.

message 2: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina WOW now that means I'm going to have to get to this author PRONTO with such high praise from you Suz!!!

message 3: by Suz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Suz Kitt wrote: "I think I'll use this one to try Reisz out."

The author recommends reading The Siren (full novel) before reading this particular short. I think I know why she did, there is a reveal in The Siren that is pretty powerful. Getting it, or a hint of it, in this one may water it down a bit. I read someone else's review of this and that reveal in this story was very upsetting for the reader and because she didn't get any more of that story it kind of skewed her perception of the character, who is a very important character in the novels.

If that makes any sense.

message 4: by Suz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Suz Sabrina wrote: "WOW now that means I'm going to have to get to this author PRONTO with such high praise from you Suz!!!"

She writes a good yarn. The characters are interesting and multi faceted. Their inner torments are subtle and not over blown melodrama. The sex is hot and the BDSM is, for the most part, believable. I can forgive her occasional foray into the "rich and famous" landscapes as they often make for good story lines and there are infinitely worse tropes to be guilty of.

The plots are realistically BDSM and folks who are affronted by those scenarios, or can't at least embrace them in fantasy, probably should find a different read.

But I don't think it'll give you any trouble, Sabrina. ;)