Dark Faerie Tales's Reviews > Beauty

Beauty by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-by-kristie

Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: This deleted scene starts off a bit annoying but then gets HOT. The ménage a trios shows us why Anita loves her men, Jean Claude and Asher.

Opening Sentence: Once upon a time I’d had no one to go home to after a crime scene, but that was back in the day when I’d done nothing but hunt bad guys and raise zombies.

The Review:

I want to start off this review saying that Beauty is just a deleted scene. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no plot. It is just a quick scene of Anita heading home after a stressful day and working off some steam with Jean Claude and Asher. It is real short, just two chapters.

Anita starts off nit picking about her lifestyle and how people just can’t accept her and her many boyfriends. (What is not new? Of course, I’m one of those people who don’t really like the direction Anita has been going but I still read the series anyway.) But once Anita focuses more on the bathtub, Jean Claude and Asher the scene is a much better read and it reads quickly without much of the annoyance factor. It is so much easier to read Anita when she is focused on the task at hand, not when she is complaining.

Overall, Beauty is a hot ménage scene if you can get past the initial complaining at the beginning. Since it is a deleted scene don’t expect much out of this except for Anita’s completion. I would really only recommend this for the lovers of Anita’s erotic nature.

Notable Scene:

I just stared at him, wordless, struck stupid by the sight of him. I felt Jean-Claude go very still as he held me, as if he was having the same inability to think that I was having. That smile curled his lips, the one I could only describe as evil. He smiled down at us with a shining, eager, beautiful, and evil smile, put his thumbs in the front of the thong, and began to slide it down his body, watching us as he did it. He stood up with it in his hand, still wearing the unbuttoned tuxedo shirt so that it framed his groin, the cloth only a little more white than his skin. He lay soft, not ready between his legs.

Jean-Claude had to clear his throat to say, “You haven’t fed yet.”

“I knew I would have Anita waiting for me, why would I want to feed on anyone else?”

Since one of Asher’s vampire gifts was the ability to make his bite orgasmic, I couldn’t really argue with his reasoning. “Works for me,” I whispered.

FTC Advisory: Penguin/Berkley provided me with a copy of Beauty. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty.

message 1: by Yodamom (last edited Jul 25, 2012 08:08AM) (new)

Yodamom ""Works for me..snicker.. wel I hope so