Preet's Reviews > Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe

Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell

Jul 25, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

I’m all for quirky lovable characters usually, but Chloe just didn’t do it for me. It was one of those books I really wanted to like but couldn’t. Most of this is due to the character of Chloe. It almost felt as if she tried really hard to be eccentric. I’m all for keeping a positive outlook on life and being carefree, but I just couldn’t for the life of me get into her. I continuously felt her quirks being pushed on me to give off that impression of how amazing she was. Yes, I got it! You have a fun way of talking and have totally rocking vintage shoes. Please just tone it down some.

What I did like about this book was the fact that it tried tackling some serious issues. They weren’t really discussed as in depth as I would’ve liked, but it did definitely add something of substance to the overall fluffy subject matter. Another aspect I would’ve liked to see more of were the people around the station. I always wanted to know more about them.

I will say Chloe’s character did get better by the end for me, but by the time I got to the end it didn’t help me much. Overall, it’s an enjoyable fluff read. It’s worth checking out if you’re looking to pass the time. The main thing I’d recommend is to give time for Chloe’s quirks to calm a bit throughout the story. Once I got through a few chapters, it was a much more enjoyable read. Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a copy.

Soundtrack:
Happier – Guster
Offbeat – Clara Chung
Build Me Up, Buttercup – Julia Nunes
Come Back Down – J. Viewz

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe.