Sherry swenson's Reviews > Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir

Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill

F 50x66
Jul 25, 2012

Read from July 25 to August 10, 2012

This book was well written and put together by Lisa McCubbin and Clint Hill. Mr. Hill did an excellent job at telling his story of being a secret service agent to Mrs. Kennedy and sharing the memories he made with her and the Kennedy family. It wasn’t all about politics, Marilyn Monroe and the Cuban Missile Crises. In fact, Mr. Hill put aside politics and scandal for this book. There was not much mentioned about all that stuff we‘ve read in the history books. Mr. Hill goes more into details of Mrs. Kennedy’s fun times during those few years she was our first lady. He made it a page turner and held my interest in the book by sharing his details of trips abroad, adventures with the Kennedy’s on boats, horses, and planes. He talks about that last Christmas Jack spent with his family and the last time he said goodbye to his kids. Of course, the ending was the one we all know. Mr. Hill tells of his close encounter of the shooting and the details of that moment and the ones that followed. He puts you in that time and tells you things you would never know otherwise.

Mr. Hill includes pictures of his times with the first lady. Some of these photos I have never seen before. There were times when the reader would be humored by a quick story but reminded of life’s hardships. Mr. Hill himself is a father and husband. He gave me a new insight on the job of a secret service agent. Being Mrs. Kennedy’s agent was fun at times, it had its perks. However, sometimes the job can get very nerve wracking and stressful. Mr. Hill sacrificed a lot to do what he all did. In the end Mr. Hill has to learn how to deal with his grief and guilt and remember all the good times by telling this story. The reader learns not only about Jackie Kennedy but also about the man who protected her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Kennedy and Me.

07/25/2012 page 1
0.0% "should be an interesting book:)"