Hanna's Reviews > Misery

Misery by Stephen King

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: 10th-grade, creepy, loved
Read in July, 2012

This book was SUPERFABULICIOUS!!!!! I love Stephen King, and this book was... gah it was just so good! It wasn't like The Shining or one of those books because it wasn't a ghost story type of thing; it was psychological I guess.
Annie Wilkes is a freaking insane bitch. After Paul Sheldon, a famous author, crashes his car near Boulder, Colorado, Annie finds him and takes him in. She starts to heal his mangled and disgustingly broken legs. But she is a CRAZY BITCH!!!!!!! She doesn't tell anyone where he is, and she is holding him against his will. She has a horrible temper, and is a CRAZY BITCH!!!!!
I have an extreme fear of broken bones, and this movie is the reason for that. Oh my God. When she breaks his ankles (Did that need a spoiler alert because I thought that everyone knew that already. OK well then, SPOILER ALERT...?), I almost vomited. I had to curl up in a ball on the ground and rock back and forth. Jeez Louise man. I am scarred for life.
This book totally lived up to my expectations and exceeded them even. I was starting to think that I would never really read another good book, because I haven't read a good book in a long long time, but this book proved me wrong! Yippeeeeeeeeee
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misery.