Megan's Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

F_50x66
Jul 25, 12

ok, this book was the actual worst piece of crap i have ever read. If i could give it minus stars, i would.

First off, the characters were weak and, other than the protagonist, EXACTLY the same. Not only that, but some of them changed so dramatically i wondered if the author needed an aspirin.

Secondly, Helen. If, and i mean a huge, giant IF, i must read a sappy teen girl book, may the main character at least not be the incarnation of pure beauty? The entire story would have worked the same way, maybe even better, if she'd been descended from Zeus. I'm not even going to go into how little sense scions make, and i don't care that even the author admits to this in the book. If she doesn't get it, she shouldn't have done it. Can Helen actually grow a brain? I mean, according to Lucas or whatever, scions are supposed to be super smart. 17-19 does not equal 0. I mean, I was 13 when i read star crossed, ad even I realized that before she told us.

Thirdly, a LOVE TRIANGLE???? Are you trying to make me hate you? If i have to read another book so damn similar to twilight again i may just puke. If i write a book (which i will) it will, but no means, have a stupid, messed up love life, just an awesome heroine, some kick ass action scenes and a story line that isn't spelled out to you in the first few chapters (of which, this book has none).

I loved Percy Jackson, and this has nearly ruined Greek Myths for me. If the author is going to base her story on myths, it's understandable that i should expect her to follow the basic ones, rather than force all the old heroes (noun: meaning great and courageous person) into the evil column, while expecting us to believe you can get your memory back after the river Lethe and that they actually have any chance at all against the gods.

You can say what you like to this, but i think i covered everything worth covering. Lucas is so typical and useless that i can't even be bothered wasting typing time on him. Orion was cool though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.