Helena's Reviews > The Ultimate Guy's Body Book

The Ultimate Guy's Body Book by Walt Larimore

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: christian
Read in July, 2012

I received this book from a First Reads giveaway. Once I opened the package with this book, I was thrilled at how cute the cover was. It's completely adorable, and shows several different boys of different size and colours.

The only thing that made me knock this down from 5 stars to 4 is the fact that it's Christian. I have no problem with the fact that it's written in a Christian point of view, in fact, I prefer it. It's just not mentioned anywhere in the blurb or on the front or back cover of the book. I feel that it could be misleading for parents of different religions and since it's a large aspect on the point of view of the book, it should definitely be included.

Other than that, I feel this book would be a great addition to the library of any Christian family raising a son. As a mother, I knew the answers to all these questions, but I really had no idea on how to approach a child with that information. Not only was I unsure on how to approach a child with that information, but I definitely wouldn't know how to explain it from a Christian point of view.

Dr Larimore definitely did his homework with this book. Not only did he medically answer the common questions, but he also cross checked those answers with the Christian Medical Association. That's impressive! I feel that this book is definitely going to be something my son and husband will work with when my son gets to that age.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Guy's Body Book.