Melissa's Reviews > Wake of the Bloody Angel

Wake of the Bloody Angel by Alex Bledsoe

1922992
Aug 17, 12

Read from July 24 to August 17, 2012

When I received this book I had no idea it was part of a series and #4. However, after reading Mel's review from Mel's Random Reviews, I discovered that I would have no problems in coming in the middle of a series (not that it ever stopped me before...). She was absolutely right. I had no problems with this book which can be read as a stand a lone.

Although this is a fantasy book, I would suggest this to people who love mysteries. Someone wanting to try something a bit different, but want that mystery to solve. That is how this read to me. A mystery set in a time with pirates and sword wielding. It was a fun adventure that had me guessing as to what happened and what was going on.

My biggest complaint is that they might have been a bit too accurate with the pirate hygiene. I have Johnny Depp dancing in my head... smelling quite nice. I want my pirates roguish with lots of deodorant. Okay so that isn't how it was... but that is why it's fantasy! Can't swoon when you have to hold your nose. Wait... I guess you can, but it's just not the same. ;)

I give this book 4 stars. And in all seriousness, I really suggest those that want to try a fantasy try this one. Those that want a different type of mystery try it. I also have to say you won't be lost even for a second even though this is #4. I do want to read the rest of the books in this series. Not because I feel like I missed important information, but because I want more adventures with Eddie.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake of the Bloody Angel.