Abi's Reviews > Dead End

Dead End by Jason Myers

U 50x66
Jul 24, 12

This book was a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.
Honestly, I regret the moment that I picked it up and though, "oh this should be interesting." NO. This was the MOST poorly written trash I have ever read. I walked into this book with an open mind, but seriously this book was a pile of poop. Take this for instance:
*spoiler alert, spoiler alert!*
When Gina gets raped for the first time, it is WAY TOO DESCRIPTIVE. It doesn't even give you that stunned and frightened feeling you should get when ready about something so ghastly. The rapists were immature and completely FLAT characters. Which brings me to another thing that bothered me. Every person is the book was either GOOD or BAD. There was absolutely no middle ground! Of course, Dru and Gina were depicted as angels from above. LITERALLY. Which also reminds me of another annoying thing about this crappy book, NOBODY TALKS LIKE THEY DO. The word "baby" is nearly at the end of every sentence. Or "love", "babe", even "darling." The author seems to also be obsessed with Dru to the point where it makes the reader uncomfortable.
The end of this book is absolutely stupid in the highest form. It tries way to be hard to be Romeo and Juliet in the end. The rest of the book is super trashy and FILLED WITH PLOT HOLES. Even the way that Gina is depicted is genetically impossible! It was just awful. Don't waste your time on this.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead End.