Lara's Reviews > By The River

By The River by Katey Hawthorne

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: m-m, m-m-paranormal, i-m-a-cover-lover, lent
Read from August 04 to 05, 2012

Everyone pretended he was just some weirdo, denying his existence so they didn't have to hurt their tiny brains, trying to fit him into the world.

I am in love with this story and these characters. This is the first thing I have read by Katey Hawthorne, but I am head over heels for her writing style. I think the word beautiful has been so over used in all the reviews of this book, but it really just fits. The entire thing was mesmerizingly beautiful. It was a magical love story. No angst, no drama, just love. I'm in love with the cover. I'm in love with the river. And I am SO IN LOVE with Leith. Talk about magical! And Adam is so perfect for him.

It appears that this is going to be a series, because there is not really an ending in this book. It kinda just stops mid-story. I don't think I would call it an HFN, more a to-be-continued. Because to me, it is clear that there is a HEA for these two from the first moment they meet.

"I want you Adam. I want you forever."
Adam didn't know when always had turned into forever, and he didn't care because he meant them both and might've from the beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By The River.

08/04/2012
45.0% "Katey's writing is so beautiful in this book it makes me wanna cry."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kazza I must give this a go, sound nice.