Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > Hard Evidence

Hard Evidence by Pamela Clare

Jun 11, 13

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, part-of-a-series, owned-copy, opposites-attract, hero-thinks-hes-not-good-enough-for, scary-sexy-cool-dangerous-hero, dangerous-hero-2012-general-reading, across-the-tracks, texans, set-in-colorado, set-in-denver, reporter-journalist, police-federal-agent-law-enforcemen, undercover, bodyguard-protector, 2012-sky-s-the-limit-club, favorite-or-autobuy-author, favorites, hot-and-steamy-romance, hero-to-die-for, hero-black-hair-blue-eyes, heroine-i-adore, not-for-the-faint-of-heart, russian-storyline-or-characters, sexual-trafficking-slavery, hero-or-heroine-in-jeopardy, celibate-modern-heroine, almost-virgin-heroine, knight-in-tarnished-armor, celibate-or-less-experienced-hero
Recommended for: Romantic suspense
Read from June 19 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Hard Evidence was an excellent book. It quenched my thirst for good romantic suspense, that's not just about a hot hero and a cute, likable heroine scratching an itch while dodging bullets, and ultimately falling in love. No, there's nothing wrong with that. But it's great to read something that goes deeper and touches on issues that are real and meaningful in the world today while I get my high octane romance fix.

Julian is a man who has spent most of his life in the dark. He started out with a less than ideal childhood, a truly heartbreaking childhood, and channeled that into undercover law enforcement. He's seen only the worst of people. And while he believes that this has barred him from the possibility of a good, normal life and a good woman, undeserving of both, he is a very good man. He has put his life, soul and sanity on the line everyday to help the helpless. That made me love him. He's a gorgeous, sexy man in every way, but it was his heart that touched me the deepest.

Tessa is a crusader in a different way. She works as an investigative journalist to use the print media to bring positive change. Some of the risks she takes makes my hair stand on end. (And knowing that the writer, Ms. Clare taps from her own experiences in journalism makes it even more harrowing). Sometimes I wanted to ask her if she was crazy. But I also understand her need to help others, to use what God gave her to effect change in a world where too many people either don't know, don't care, or look the other way.

These two together make sense in a beautiful way. It was a pleasure to read their emotional, highly sensual, and meaningful love story. I started out reading this slowly (around my other review read), just taking it all in, enjoying the leisurely visit with Tessa and Julian, and soon I couldn't put the book down because I was so compelled to see what happened next.

Hard Evidence does hit hard with the realism of this world in which underage/teenage girls are abused, brutalized, and treated as objects and commodities. It makes me upset and angry to know that this is really happening, and it made me cheer for Julian (who is so well named, for he is a Dark Angel), and Tessa, who is an angel of justice from a whole different direction to do what they could to help those girls. Sometimes it seems as though the good guys don't win nearly enough, and it's too easy to give up the fight. But reading about heroes in these books like Tessa and Julian, that they represent the many unsung heroes, and knowing that there are those in real life who sacrifice and strive to make this world a better place is hugely encouraging. Some dark subject matter, but ultimately hopeful. A beautiful love story in which the light of love shines into places where most angels fear to tread, but not these in this book. Highly recommended!

Heads Up!

In preparation of the November release of Striking Distance, The Pamela Clare Fan Group will be hosting a group read of the series, starting with this book! If you haven't yet read Pamela Clare's I-Team series, you're missing out on some truly fantastic stories.

So what are you waiting for?? Grab a copy of this book and join us on June 25th! We'd LOVE to have you!! Extreme Exposure Group Read

---------------------
If you're already a Pamela Clare fan, or interested in learning more about her and her books, be sure to stop by our Pamela Clare Fan Group here on Goodreads!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Evidence.

06/19/2012 page 24
7.0% "Intense...in a very good way."

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict LOVE this series Lady D....enjoy ;)

Pamela(AllHoney) Boy, are you in for a treat. I may go dig mine out and reread. Sigh!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Loving it, so far. Want to give Julian a hug.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I only re-read the series about a month ago and want to "re" re-read them all again... ah well, holidays from Tuesday so maybe ...

Debbie A really GREAT series!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This is my first time reading through it. I read Extreme Exposure a while ago, and I'm finally proceeding. I'm a slow series reader!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Once I started that series I just could not stop.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'm weird in that I can't read series back to back. The closest I have come is the GhostWalkers.

Debbie I can't read a series back to back either. I have alternate books with other things.

Debbie Danielle, we are so much alike at times, it's scary! LOL!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Yup! I am so glad that we met, Debbie. *Hugs*

Debbie Me too girlfriend! LOL!

message 15: by I. Curmudgeon (new)

I. Curmudgeon ("As the Curmudgeon Grumbles") I love the review too. (That's why I liked Snake Skin (#1) and Blood Stained (#2) from Lyons. She was a tough yet compassionate FBI lady and Soccer Mom who was in love with her husband and vice versa... a love story that starts with the couple married and ends with them married and loving each other. And it wasn't a romance, far from it, but the romance was good since it was different.)

But I digress... love the review.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Hugh. I have Snake Skin on my to read list. Sounds good!

message 17: by I. Curmudgeon (new)

I. Curmudgeon ("As the Curmudgeon Grumbles") I have a review on it and BLood Stained... somewhere.

But I like your review here. I'll tell you how Lost Girls works out.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Totally awesome review, Danielle! I love how Pamela Clare puts so much passion into her stories because they are issues she believes in. Exciting, romantic, sexy... perfect.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Dhestiny. You're right. The balance was perfect!

message 21: by Ally72 (new) - added it

Ally72 Terrific review, Danielle! This is the next one up for me in this series. I can't wait!

message 22: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Fab review Lady D ☺

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Ally and Dee!

Ally, I think you'll love these books!

message 24: by Ally72 (new) - added it

Ally72 Thanks Danielle...I have read the first and third one, but skipped this one (I can't remember how that happened). I need to get busy and get back into this series because it is so good!

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (last edited Jun 24, 2012 08:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) It's hard to keep up with all the series that are out, so I can see you missing a book, here and there. I am having a big problem with wanting to read way more books than I have time for!

message 26: by Ally72 (new) - added it

Ally72 Yep, me too. I think I wanted to read the third book in this series when it came out and then went back to read the first one (you know how I like to read series in order). I don't think I have ever read a negative review about this book on here...Yay!

MelissaB Great review Danielle, I need to reread this sometime.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Melissa.

You're right. The ratings are all high on this one, Ally. I can see why. It is a very well-written, meaningful book.

*P*u*r*p*l*e* I'm so going to read this:)

Vashti My fav book of this series,love ,love, Julian.

Jennifer Lane Wonderful review, Lady Danielle. I like how you pointed out how well they worked together, and what ballsy risks Tessa took. This one was the only 4 star rating of the series for me (the rest were 5 stars) because I didn't connect with Julian as much, but book 3 is my fave (I have a thing for men in prison LOL).

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Purplebook, go for it!

Vashti, I loved Julian even more than I thought I would.

Jennifer, I normally don't connect with the so-called "Latin Lover", and I am glad that Julian was so much more than that, in fact he tore that stereotype to pieces. I loved his heart for women. But I can respect that he might not work for everyone! Looking forward to the next books, especially Breaking Point, because of the Mexican drug cartel storyline.

Crista Beautifully stated review as always Lady D! I couldn't agree more. This is such a great series and Julian gets the nod for my Fav. I-Team hero! So happy you loved it too!

KatLynne Love your review sweet friend! Julian is one of my faves in the I-Team series. I'm glad you enjoyed this Lady D!

message 37: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Lady D!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Scully! Have you started this series? I think you'd enjoy it.

message 39: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Not yet, I know I should!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I think you'll enjoy Hard Evidence more than the first book, although it was excellent. Something tells me you'll like Julian. :)

Buggy Excellent review Lady D, this series is on the top of my TBR pile

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Buggy wrote: "Excellent review Lady D, this series is on the top of my TBR pile"

Move it off the pile and into your hands, Buggy! Don't make me take you out of the cage and lock it so you can't get back in!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Thanks, Buggy! You are looking forward to some good reading!

Buggy Yay, the cage makes another appearance. Whatever happened to our boy Sawyer anyways? I miss him :(

I think thats why I keep putting this series off Lady D. I want to save it for.... Oh, hell I don't know what I'm saving it for. After Connor I promise

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Have you gotten to start the I-Team series yet, Buggy?

Buggy Hi Lady D! :)

Yes I've finally started the awesomeness. I just finished book 3 (Unlawful Contact)Marc Hunter sigh....

Jennifer Lane Marc Hunter! He is one of my fave book boyfriends.

Buggy LOL Jennifer. Of course he is ;) -What with his prison record and all!

Jennifer Lane His prison record has nothing to do with it! *nose grows*

Buggy LMAO I actually thought of you while reading this!

« previous 1