Sara Strand's Reviews > Brava, Valentine

Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

10582065
Jul 24, 12

This story is about Valentine Angelini, who is now in charge of the family shoe business. She's in the middle of a lot of life changes and even those she wants to fall in love, eventually, she doesn't feel capable or ready.

Enter Gianluca- a hot and hunky Italian and her world is even more chaotic and crazy. And in the middle of all of THAT she finds out she has family she never knew about and is uncovering a long hidden family secret. And to layer even more onto it- other characters are having their own problems and you feel her juggling the family dynamic and trying to maintain the line of her own life.

The bottom line? I loved this book. It was such a fun read. The characters were light, but fun. The story was intriguing and you wanted to keep reading. You felt connected to the family and during parts of the book you actually felt like you were sitting at the table with them. While reading this book I realized I'm really excited about reading the third installment of this series. I feel vested in these characters. One of my favorite parts of the book is during a family holiday dinner all hell basically breaks loose and you can relate to it all and you're laughing but it's not really funny, it's actually sad, but you can't help yourself because you feel like this could be your family. It probably is. The romance between Valentine and Gianluca feels real- like this is a more realistic occurrence than say.... a romance novel.

So I recommend this book if you are looking for a light and fun read without a heavy storyline.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brava, Valentine.