Kimberly's Reviews > The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life

The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando

Jul 21, 14

Read from July 24 to 28, 2012

I would have loved to have done this scavenger hunt! It’s completely ridiculous, but so much fun. Several teams set out to find these random items (a stretched penny, an ant, a bag of sand, a picture with an alien) that are worth a various amount of points. Most points wins. The things they have to do/get for the scavenger hunt was by far my favorite part of the book for me.

Mary’s sole purpose (or it feels that way) is to win the scavenger hunt because Jake Barbone got into Georgetown and she didn’t (it was the method of how he got in that made her mad). In the beginning I found Mary to be mildly annoying. She goes on and on about the Georgetown situation and her crush on Carson (who’s dating someone else) to no end, but eventually the Carson situation changes and she let’s up on the Georgetown thing and becomes much more likeable.

Dez was one of my favorite characters, he was a lot of fun, and was the most likeable character. I didn’t like Patrick much, he was very pushy.

I liked the storyline a lot more than the characters. I think some of issues that the characters had could have been a little deeper. Until the end it was really more about getting the items for the scavenger hunt with a little drama thrown in.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life.