Rebecca's Reviews > Catching Fireflies

Catching Fireflies by Sherryl Woods

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: netgalley
Read from July 24 to 25, 2012

When one of Laura Reed’s students keeps skipping class, she gets worried. Misty Dawson is a good student who never missed class before. She starts asking other teachers if Misty is skipping their classes, too. All of the teachers say Misty has been in class every day.
J.C. Fullerton is Misty’s pediatrician. He gets worried when Misty asks him for a doctor’s note to get out of class. He knows there is nothing physically wrong with her. He makes Misty talk to another adult about the situation. Misty is reluctant, but finally agrees when he says he’ll go to her parents if she doesn’t.
Misty goes to Laura, but doesn’t tell her what is going on. Laura agrees to call J.C. so he won’t talk to Misty’s parents. When Laura calls J.C., they agree to meet to try to figure out what is going on.
Laura realizes that Misty is being bullied when she overhears Annabelle Litchfield, another student, taunting her. Things get even worse from there.
When J.C. finds out, he is really upset. (view spoiler)
I really enjoyed this book. Sherryl Woods is not afraid to tackle tough subjects in her books. I cried several times while reading this. I can’t wait for the next book in the series, and I hope it is not the last.
I got this book from Netgalley in exchange for a review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fireflies.

07/24/2012 page 55