Jenn's Reviews > Dreamwalker

Jul 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012, book-tour, adult-paranormal-urban-fantasy
Read in July, 2012

Noel is having a bad week. She gets unceremoniously dumped by her boyfriend and kind of loses it. It makes me think of Miranda Lambert's song "Not My Momma's Broken Heart." Noel doesn't go to work and ends up losing her job as a result. She won't even leave her apartment. I kind of dislike how weak this makes her seem. Things do get better on the strength front though. Noel starts dreaming about a guy and her soul recognizes him. Noel finds herself caught up in a strange world that she never imagined existed and her life is in jeopardy. Noone is who she thought they were, including herself. She then meets her dream guy - Jared, and he is everthing she thought he would be. When Jared gets kidnapped she is forced to team up with his partner, Boone.

Once Noel is on the run for her life with her best friend Autum, and with Boone, things start to seriously heat up. Noel is then torn between Boone and Jared and the typical love triangle situation ensues. Noel strings them along until she is forced to make a decision.

Other than the signs of weakness in the beginning over a relationship and Noel stringing two guys along, I really enjoyed this story. I am really into books that have Greek mythological elements to them. It was a really interesting slant, to have Persephone portrayed as a villianess.

The story draws you in and keeps you involved. Noel is faced with major challenges - including which guy to pick. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the sequel. There are some mild sex scenes - so I caution to young adult readers. PG-13

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamwalker.