Angieleigh's Reviews > The Sand Bar

The Sand Bar by Rebecca Bryan

May 02, 2015

bookshelves: romance, 2011-2012-book-challenge, to-read, own
Read from July 24 to 28, 2012

I received a review copy from Ms. Bryan in exchange for my honest review.

The Sand Bar is not your typical time traveling book. Instead of going back in time, Marlo gets a glimpse of what her future could be like...twice. The first time she freaks out and demands to go back, until she finds out she can look ahead another time.

She should have stuck with glimpse number one in my opinion, but, had she done that, she never would have learned the lessons that virtually slapped her in the face time and time again.

Marlo has a lot of pride, but she's also extremely snobby. She dislikes a lot of things about where she grew up in Idaho - trading it all in to go to California where she makes a decision that she'll probably regret the rest of her life.

Darcy was probably my favorite character of all. No matter how many times Marlo unintentionally insults her, Darcy stands by her friend with unconditional love and support; a rarity in this world.

Brandon and Kelly's story was painful to read at times. Especially at the end...Lord, have some tissues on hand because you're probably going to need them!

This isn't just a time traveling romance novel. This is about a woman who is too busy feeling sorry for herself, who hates everything about her life and then learns a lesson that only a child can teach you.

I had a bit of a "fangirl" moment upon seeing the legendary Jude Deveraux's name mentioned at the end. I awarded Ms. Bryan an extra star for that.

If there's one thing that you learn from this book, it's to always have a thankful heart no matter the circumstance. Whether you believe in God or not, a thankful heart will get you farther in life.

I am so very thankful for the privilege of reading this book. I look forward to reading more from Ms. Bryan in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sand Bar.

07/24/2012 page 20