Rebecca's Reviews > The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra Clare

Jul 24, 12

Read in July, 2012

***SPOILERS***
This was a fun series to read in many ways. There are still 2 books left to read but I felt like all the major issues were solved with the 3rd book. I love the fantasy world Clare created. It was interesting and exciting. However, and here's where the spoilers come in, I was so uncomfortable with the whole Jace and Clary as brother and sister thing. Everyone reading the books figures out that they aren't brother and sister pretty early on, but THEY don't know that!! They are still in love with each other and share a few passionate kisses, while struggling with their feelings about their supposed SIBLING!!! I felt like this was dragged out for WAY too long. If it would've been resolved in the second book I probably could've handled it. I honestly kept reading the book so I could get some resolution with this. And it didn't come until the very end of the third book! I felt like I couldn't really enjoy the great story because I was so preoccupied with this. Because of that these books were just okay for me. I will read the next 2 books because now that this particular issue has been resolved I might enjoy them more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set.

Ashley I feel the same way. After the first book I had to wiki it and find out if they really we're. If it would of said yes I would not be reading the rest.

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Baker Agree, the books begin to drag and seem forced to meet the word count. And the incest began to get uncomfortable even though it was obvious they weren't siblings.