Sophie's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2007, childrens, fantasy, fiction, own, read-in-2010, favorites
Read from September 12 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 3

I think this book might be my favorite of all the HP books, even though the ending is pretty sad. I LIVE for backstory and there is SO MUCH of it in this book. I love learning about the Horcruxes(!) and Voldemort's childhood. And this is the book where we see the most of Dumbledore, and he finally treats Harry like an equal, which I love. Plus there's Felix Felicis, Luna Lovegood commentating Quidditch, and Harry being more mature than he's ever been. This book has some of the happiest and saddest scenes of the entire series, and I love it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Quotes Sophie Liked

J.K. Rowling
“I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.”

J.K. Rowling
“For future reference, Harry, it is raspberry...although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself.”

J.K. Rowling
“I don't mean to be rude—" he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.
"Yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.”

J.K. Rowling
“Oh, there you are, Albus,' he said. 'You've been a very long time. Upset stomach?'
'No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines,' said Dumbledore. 'I do love knitting patterns.”

J.K. Rowling
“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”

J.K. Rowling
“Divination is turning out to be much more trouble than I could have foreseen, never having studied the subject myself.”

09/13/2010 page 81
12.0% ""I do love knitting patterns.""
09/20/2010 page 237
36.0% "The shipping is heating up! Hermione Confunding McLaggen, Ron flirting with Lavender..."
09/24/2010 page 596
91.0% "I actually said "No!" out loud when I reached this page, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE READ THIS BOOK BEFORE AND KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

elissa I love them all, but this one's my favorite, too.