Sabrina's Reviews > The Midwife's Confession

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Jul 26, 12

Read from July 24 to 25, 2012

I loved this book. I really enjoyed how each chapter was about a different character and written in the first person as well as the flashback's from Noelle's perspective - as I thought she was the most interesting character. The mother/daughter relationships, husband/wife relationships and friendships in this book were excellent and detailed. I was shocked by some of the "secrets" but not surprised by others. This book ended well and I felt satisfied with its ending - usually books leave me wanting more, but the ending was perfect. I strongly suggest you read this book!

*******SPOLIER ALERT BELOW**********

I did not understand why they even mentioned that Noelle had a relationship with Sam being that was one secret that never made itself apparent after Noelle's suicide. I enjoyed reading about the relationship, but still do not understand the author's need to mention it in the first place....I guess this was in there to help explain the back problems and drugs? Anyway, I was glad Tara didn't find out about Sam and Noelle's relationship being that Sam had died too - no need to ruin her memory of him I guess.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midwife's Confession.