Bridget's Reviews > The Boy Kings: A Journey into the Heart of the Social Network

The Boy Kings by Katherine Losse

198361
Aug 04, 2012

liked it
Read from July 24 to 26, 2012

Who would have thought that I would ever pick up a Business Profile book and read the entire thing in three days. One things for sure...not this girl. This was such a fascinating read. I remember when I signed up for Facebook spring semester senior year, it was new, clean looking, and upon refection I thought it was safe because of the way it was set up (especially compared to MySpace which at the time was the hot social network, where everyone was friends with Tom. If you were wondering like I was, I just checked to see if that website still exists and it does). When I saw this book at work, I picked it up, opened to a random page and read the first paragraph which then turned into me reading the entire page. After that I figured I need to get this book and start reading. As Kate writes about her experiences it feels as if you are right there with her observing. It was interesting being able to get a glimpse of the inner circle and well as how their views and beliefs of technology, socioeconomics, gender, and race influenced the growth and development of Facebook.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Kings.

07/24/2012 page 66
26.0% "This is fascinating..."