Darby's Reviews > Green Guide for Artists: Nontoxic Recipes, Green Art Ideas, & Resources for the Eco-Conscious Artist

Green Guide for Artists by Karen Michel

Aug 31, 12

bookshelves: 2012, art-crafts, favorites, inspirational, informative, own
Read from July 24 to August 02, 2012

I love this book! I checked it out from the library and can't wait to purchase it. It is a must have for artists who want to use safer, nontoxic, greener materials in their art. It is divided into 4 chapters/sections...

* Greening your Studio: talking about product safety and just being safe in the studio, green paints, mediums, canvas and such
*Green Recipes: making paints, paint recipes and adhesive recipes
* Green Projects: bookmaking, paper-mache, using found objects and other green projects
* Green Artist Gallery - info about each artist in the gallery and examples of their green art, it also has a resource guide

Each section had such great information. Often much of the information was things I didn't know, recipes that I could make right now in my kitchen without much effort, projects and inspiration that made me want to create right away.

The book itself is so lovely to look at just thumbing through it. But it is just so full of good information for artist who want to start using green in their studio. You might be able to find all the info online, but I would much rather have it in my studio and use because it just a great book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Guide for Artists.