K.M. Weiland's Reviews > How Should We Then Live? The Rise and Decline of Western Thought and Culture

How Should We Then Live? The Rise and Decline of Western Thou... by Francis August Schaeffer

Sep 26, 12

Read from July 24 to September 26, 2012

Tried to watch the documentary on this a year or so ago, but documentaries like that just aren't my cuppa. Tried the book and am very glad I did. Schaeffer offers a thoughtful and studied look into the evolution of thought and moral patterns over the centuries. Although I was already familiar with many of the book's conclusions, the journey was enlightening, since many of the thought patterns I take for granted in the modern world can be traced to some very interesting and thought-provoking origins. Eye-opening and well worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Should We Then Live? The Rise and Decline of Western Thought and Culture.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by writegeist (new)

writegeist Schaeffer is one of my all-time favorite writers (along with his son Franky). One of the few people who is able to clearly understand how we fit into the world, with all our faults.

K.M. Weiland This will be my first foray into his work. Looking forward to it.