Eileen's Reviews > Fairy Metal Thunder

7208929
Jul 24, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult
Read on July 24, 2012

Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

JL Bryan has managed to take two things I am absolutely in love with and put them together into one awesome book: fairies and music. The fairies because the Iron Fey is my favorite series ever, and the villans in Fairy Metal Thunder were fey, and the main characters in the Iron Fey were fey. Music because, well, I technically am a budding musician. If you put that into a book full of action, adventure, and creativity, then you pretty much have my most latest obsession: Fairy Metal Thunder.

Fairy Metal Thunder may be a short book, but it packs a lot of punch. Every page oozes with a lot of action and adventure. There isn't a dull moment in Fairy Metal Thunder and it's fast-paced and the plot moves really smoothly and quickly. Contrary to what you may think, with the fast pace, you still get to see that character development in the beginning that's key to the rest of the novel. Even though the story is told in third person, which throws me off occasionally, I still felt really attached to the characters and I wanted to know what they were thinking.

The writing style used in Fairy Metal Thunder did throw me off at first, and I didn't feel very invested in the story, but soon after I felt like I had jumped into the story and I was Jason's shadow. As soon as I got into the story the pages flew by and I was at the last scene just like that. The scenes were extremely vivid and well explained, and I really connected to every aspect of the story as soon as I had gotten used to the writing style that was used to write Fairy Metal Thunder.

The story of Fairy Metal Thunder was so original that you fell in love with the story as soon as you flipped that first page. The premise of these fey musical instruments was so out of the box and I haven't seen anything else like it. Fairy Metal Thunder is an extremely fun book that would appeal to almost any young adult out there looking for a nice, short paranormal read in between heavier books. While many paranormal books are extremely dark, Fairy Metal Thunder is shrouded with a lightness despite the overall concept. However, the concept of Fairy Metal Thunder is fairly dark and there are unicorns, trolls, and so much more.

A fun, thrilling fairy book, Fairy Metal Thunder will have you captured by the originality of the idea and the amazing storyline.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Metal Thunder.