Monnie's Reviews > The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva

Jul 27, 12

Read from July 24 to 27, 2012

It's a wonderful feeling when you know within the first page of a book that reading it will be a pleasure - if only I could put my finger on how to make that happen I'd be writing my little heart out. Daniel Silva has no such problem, though - and he's done it again with a riveting book that's really, really hard to put down.

Gabriel Allon, a larger-than-life art restoration expert and former Israeli intelligence agent, takes on the task of finding the murderer of a young female curator who worked in the Vatican's antiquities division. No stranger to the Holy See, Allon was chosen in the hope of solving the case without involving the church in another scandal. But when it becomes clear she apparently had unearthed some secrets that someone didn't want known, the chase is on -- and it continues to weave in and out of the Vatican to other cities like Berlin, Vienna, and the homeland Allon loves with all his heart and soul, Israel.

The book also brings a look at some of the financial, cultural and political connections and agendas among the Palestinians, Israel, Iran and the Vatican. Clearly, Silva has done considerable research in the writing of this book, and he expertly weaves a learning experience in with the nail-biting action. Outstanding!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Angel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robby (new)

Robby Hi Monnie.Great review; your first sentence could not be more true; Oh,what a feeling. Just purchased Daniel Silvas',The Kill Artist.Thus starting my first Gabriel Allon adventure.Looking forward to it and hopefully that "wonderful feeling".

Monnie Robby wrote: "Hi Monnie.Great review; your first sentence could not be more true; Oh,what a feeling. Just purchased Daniel Silvas',The Kill Artist.Thus starting my first Gabriel Allon adventure.Looking forward t..."

Thanks, Robby - hope you enjoy it! Only another 10 or 11 to go...!