Katrina Passick Lumsden's Reviews > The Speaker for the Trees

The Speaker for the Trees by Sean DeLauder

1964146
Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Speaker for the Trees.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Lenius Do the trees say: "Don't kill me, read ebooks?"

message 2: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Passick Lumsden Well, yeah, if they're cool trees.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Lenius I thought so!

message 4: by Celine (new)

Celine I bet they used Kindle before it was cool.

message 5: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean DeLauder I would like to believe that trees don't read books at all, and instead cultivate a long-standing oral tradition.

message 6: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina Passick Lumsden *giggling*

Krissy P (Kris) The Title of this book makes me think of Dr. Suess. "I am The Lorax, I speak for the trees." LOL

message 8: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean DeLauder ^ You would be exactly right to make that connection (+1). Seuss is a huge influence on me, though this story doesn't share the Lorax' message of conservation.

... I probably should have saved that tidbit for my invariably wildly popular future autobiography. Oh well.

message 9: by Dandy (new)

Dandy I need to read this book just because I love the authors comments on here.

message 10: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy That's funny, I HAVE speakers for my trees. Pretty easy to install, no need for a whole book about it ;). Yeah...lol I decided to be THAT dick.

message 11: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean DeLauder Ha! I will have to consider changing the designation of this work from "novella" to "manual".

message 12: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Bahahahahaaaa! Is it wrong that I was giggling devilishly at my desk as I typed that? Sometimes lame is hilarious!

message 13: by Sean (new) - added it

Sean DeLauder This did get chuckles from me, even as my palm met my forehead. It's definitely a new way for me to look at it, and that's appreciated.

message 14: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy Ha! You'll always get that from me, I formerly wrote in Advertising where one ALWAYS has to turn stuff over and look at it in triple different ways. Usually not resulting in such fromage but it's still fun!
Besides, I'm wearing a sombrero in my pic, what else would one expect? Bahahahaha.