Ben's Reviews > Odd apocalypse

Odd apocalypse by Dean Koontz

Jul 29, 12

Read from July 24 to 29, 2012

Well this is the second Dean Koontz book i have ever read, the first being Demon Seed which I despised and actually put me off ever reading a Koontz book again! But i saw this on the shelf in a supermarket read the blurb and was instantly intrigued so i purchased, read and loved it!
I did a bit of research before reading it and saw that it was part of a series but not having read the others thought i would just read it and see how it is.
I don't believe you have to have read the others in the series to understand this as many people have stated otherwise. Yes reading the others might help you understand small bits of background information that is given about the main character but i don't think it is mandatory to enjoy this novel.
But having read and loved this one i immediately went online and searched out the others and am now reading the first in the series Odd Thomas which looks just as good!
Odd Apocalypse is not your usual straight forward horror novel it has a bit of sci-fi and humour mixed in which was one of the features i enjoyed the most, it was original. Although i didn't really like all the little bits about modern culture and celebrities that were thrown in, they seemed out of place in the story.
I recommend to Koontz fans and fans of novels that are unusual and have a great and likable main character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd apocalypse.

07/24/2012 page 50