Connie Adams's Reviews > The Christian's Secret Of A Happy Life

Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: classic
Recommended for: Anyone
I own a copy, read count: 6 to 10

This book, " The Christians Secret Of A Happy Life" by Hannah Whiteall Smith, has had a profound effect upon my life. I read it first time in the 50's from a very worn copy given to me by one of the elders, who was a founder and charter member of the church I was attending, knowing I was seeking to better know God and walk in happiness. It made an impression on my mind & heart but as I grew older I visited it many times finding as I matured as a woman and spiritually, it had deeper meaning. I reluctantly loaned it to a couple with whom I became friends in the 80's for they asked if they could borrow it. I felt fairly sure they would care for it realizing it was a old & dear to me, and return it. They were in the Air Force and moved a time or two but we kept contact and visited anad spent time together. They expressed their sorrow that the book had gotten misplaced and could not be found. Of course, I didn't want to make them feel worse for I knew it was genuine remorse so I didn't let them know how disappointed I was. In 2001, I received a package in the mail from them (no it wasn't my old copy) it was a brand new hardback copy. We are still friends and in contact many times thru the years. They bring up this subject at times expressing how badly they regretted this incident. I tell them, "Don't worry Be Happy".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christian's Secret Of A Happy Life.