Oh! Paper Pages's Reviews > Biting Cold

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Aug 08, 12

Read in July, 2012

Also reviewed at Oh! Paper Pages

The Chicagoland Vampire series is one of my favorite stories. The writing is so smart that fans of all genres will enjoy it. From the complex characters to the fun dialogue, the Chicagoland Vampires series is wonderful. One of the best parts about this series is that Chloe Neill is fearless when it comes to developing risky storylines. She looks at controversial plots and firmly commits to them in an effort to craft unique and enjoyable stories.

In Biting Cold, we meet up with Merit and friends at the moment when Drink Deep concludes. I don’t like to post spoilers, so I will only say that so much happens that readers will be stunned with each passing chapter.

This book is like the grand finale of a fireworks show. There are several storylines that Chloe seamlessly weaves together to create the best book in the series. We are reunited with a favorite character, and it really feels like we are coming home for dinner. The interactions with this character are simultaneously familiar and new. While reading Biting Cold, I realized how much each of the characters has matured and developed. Merit is no longer the new vampire on the block and her assertiveness is admirable. Several of the other characters also exhibit traits that were not seen prior to this addition and the character development is incredible. Everyone has experienced a situation or trauma that forces change, and the ways in which Chloe describes how everyone copes are realistic.

If you are new to the Chicagoland Vampire series, I highly recommend that you start reading. If you are already a fan, I can assure you that Biting Cold will not disappoint. It will satiate your desire to see some characters and give you so much more than you ever imagined. The ending is perfect, and I eagerly await House Rules, which I am certain will be just as wonderful as Biting Cold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting Cold.