Sheree's Reviews > The Inn at Rose Harbor

The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: arc, romance, read-in-2012, reviews
Read from July 23 to 24, 2012

I love Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series so I jumped at the chance to grab the first book in this new series set in Cedar Cove. The Inn At Rose Harbor is one of those books that has you yearning for escape in a rose and jasmine scented arbor with tea and a good book.

Jo Marie Rose makes a life changing decision to purchase a B&B in Cedar Cove after her husband Paul is tragically killed in Afghanistan. The fresh start also marks the beginning of a change that brings comfort, peace and healing, in some ways bringing her closer to Paul.

My absolute favourite part is when little Rover chooses Jo Marie, I got a little teary over it, it was just so sweet ... I'm a sucker for animals mending broken hearts.

A dog that needed healing. I wondered if it was possible that Rover had recognised the pain in my own heart. Rover continued to hold my gaze, his look intent. I knew I should give this decision more thought - factor in the issues it might cause for the inn, especially if it turned out that he had a prickly personality. Yet something inside me said it would be okay ... more than okay. Rover belonged with me at Rose Harbor Inn.
I squinted down at the dog and blinked back tears. "Did Paul send you?" I whispered.
(uncorrected ARC)

Jo Marie's first guests are both dealing with painful memories on their reluctant return to Cedar Cove. I really enjoyed getting to know both Joshua and Abby, watching hearts heal and guilt leave as they forgive, watching them make new, happy memories, and open themselves up to happiness and love.

There were so many poignant moments, I can't wait to visit Rose Harbor Inn again and find out more about Jo Marie's next guests. Maybe Jo Marie will find love again ... with gruff Mark, would be my guess.

Debbie's author message was very touching ... it was lovely she shared the significance of the name Rose in her family.

Debbie Macomber's charming website is one of my favourites to visit with all the recipes and knitting patterns. I noticed there's a prequel to The Inn At Rose Harbor - When First They Met - might have to check it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inn at Rose Harbor.

07/23/2012 page 272

dateDown_arrow    newest »

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ Thanks for letting us know about the prequel.

Sheree ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ wrote: "Thanks for letting us know about the prequel."

you're welcome, it was short & sweet :)