Erica's Reviews > Circle of Silence

Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman

Jul 23, 2012

Read from July 23 to 25, 2012

Circle of Silence by Carol Tanzman was a book of pure awesome. I loved every page of it. It was enticing, thrilling, and one heck of a story! I am very excited to see more from Carol Tanzman in the future!

Journalism and broadcasting is fascinating to me. Since I was a little girl, I have always loved the idea of sleuthing and reporting. Still today I am obsessed with mysteries. I love putting those pieces together and Carol Tanzman does a fantastic job with her storytelling. The plot is so well done. I never could guess what was coming next and that is the mark of a great mystery.

I loved seeing Valerie and her crew try to come up with all their leads. There was mystery, friendship, and a little romance which was the perfect blend. The story got a little scary at times. I was so invested in it and I found myself getting really emotional over it.

The one thing I was left feeling slightly lukewarm about was some of the motivations of characters. It wasn't elaborated enough and at the end of the book I was still left pondering the question of why.

I loved the characters. Valerie was a character I connected really easily with - I saw a lot of myself in her. All the characters had great chemistry one another and really just became such good friends.

I just loved Circle of Silence by Carol Tanzman. It was such a great book. After finishing this one, I am very eager to pick up Carol Tanzman's Dancergirl. This is a must read for anyone looking for a good story that will keep your attention from beginning to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circle of Silence.