Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Forbidden Life

Forbidden Life by Karpov Kinrade

Nov 06, 12

bookshelves: book-tour, nov-book-tour-2012, favorites, pnr, paranormal, science-fiction
Read from October 20 to November 06, 2012

Ok, I really didn’t think that this series could get better, as its so darn good anyway, but it did, it got even better. For those who are not yet familiar with this series (where have you been? Hiding under a rock? Lol) This series is a lot like X-Men/Dark Angel, with some Alphas (scifi channel show I love) , then throw in a little of Covert Affairs (spy show I watch) and you have the Forbidden Trilogy! We have some new hotness in this one too, named Hunter Riley! Boy is he hot and all made, whew, see the postcard I posted.

In this book, its about Sam, Drake, Luke, and Lucy, now with Hunter, and the IPI agents who are helping them free the other Para-powers kids (paranormal abilities, think X-men) then of course the arrival if Ana, Sam and Drakes baby. (she is still a virgin, the horrible Rent-A-Kids foundation impregnated her , as they want her baby for the powers it will have, they figured Drake and Sam’s powers combined would be unstoppable.)

This one has some excitement all over the place, we have poor Luke and Lucy, playing Survivor on a isolated island, that has weird stuff going on (think Lost, lol) but with some weird creatures and other strange happenings. Lucky for them, the other IPI agents had set up camp there, so they get hooked up with them, and this is where Hunter comes on the scene, and Lucy and Hunter hit it off. (I won’t get into details, but Luke and Lucy were on a mission to save the youngest para-kids, and the plane crashed, they jumped out) But I want to leave this as spoiler free as I can, let’s just say, some major Mission Impossible stuff goes on, none stop action and suspense. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and up to the wee hours of the morning to finish reading it! Hunger Games fans will love this, as well any anyone who likes the paranormal and scifi type books, heck, even romance, as there is more of it in this one.

Here is a funny part with Luke and Lucy on the island:

Did you know that apes share a very similar genetic makeup to humans, and that if humans ate more like apes, they'd be much healthier? Well, apes eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, but guess where they get their protein?"
Luke shrugged.
"You're not going to guess? Fine. I'll tell you anyway. They get it from bugs found in their greens. Bugs like this one. I'm not saying we should start serving it for dinner at home, but for now, when we're so depleted from using our powers, being attacked, jumping from a plane, swimming through an ocean and passing out on a deserted island, yeah, I think we need to get some protein in us however we can. And since you are apparently too chewy, it's Bug Brunch time."

Here is another hilarious part that had me cracking up with Lucy and the hunk Hunter!

"Would you like to hold my sword?" He asked the question with a gleam in his eyes.
Lucy burst out laughing. At least she didn't giggle again. "You did not just say that. But, um, yeah, I'd like to hold your sword, Agent Riley."
Hunter grinned and unzipped his backpack, pulling out something surprisingly small. He held it out to her, and noticed the disappointed look on her face. "Expecting something bigger?"
She smirked at his continued play on words. She had a lifetime of training in verbal and physical sparring; he was no match for her. "They say size doesn't matter, but I disagree."
Hunter, who apparently hadn't expected her response, choked on his own comeback and unsheathed the sword, then placed it in her hand. "You have to stroke it a certain way to make it bigger."

Drake is off on his own, spiraling down in self-loathing. He has hit bottom, but he may have found a way to get his powers back, but what will it cost him? I am not telling!
Ana is in danger, Sam will do anything to protect her, and they find out that Ana is the key to everything.
This is a must read trilogy, this final installment left me satisfied, but exited too. Didn’t get enough of Hunter, but still loved it.
Joining the IPI with me, be a part of it. Details at Kimberly’s website and FB page.

5 out of 5 stars for me. Loved it!!

I was provided a copy of this book for my honest review and for the book tour with Innovative Online Book Tours.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Life.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

Kimberly Kinrade
“She flipped through the pages of her apps, as if Apple made an app for "Escape from a deserted island.”

Kimberly Kinrade
“She refused to be one of those girls who fell for a pretty face that just white-washed a total jack-ass underneath. She could ogle, but she would not fall until she knew he deserved her.”

Kimberly Kinrade
“Would you like to hold my sword?" He asked the question with a gleam in his eyes.
Hunter, who apparently hadn't expected her response, choked on his own comeback and unsheathed the sword, then placed it in her hand. "You have to stroke it a certain way to make it bigger.”