Maggie's Reviews > The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley

Jul 23, 12

Recommended to Maggie by: Amazon
Recommended for: NO ONE

If I could give this book less than one star, I would do it. Honestly, I would prefer to line cat bins and fire pits with the shredded pages of this book than to allow anyone else to suffer through reading it. I bought it for a quick, pleasant read on Kindle. The description made it sound like an interesting, moving, romantic story. It was all a lie. It turned out to be Young Adult fiction (Note: this was not my issue with the book. At 24 I still enjoy the occasional YA novel for a light read). It also turned out to be horribly edited, poorly thought-out, poorly executed, and downright offensive to women. After reading several chapters of the book, and feeling quite douped by the description and four-star rating on Amazon, I decided to read reviews. There are people out there who actually called this novel "realistic"...I went to high school. Every single girl was not a "slut" or a "skank". We did not use the word "hotass" in every conversation. I'm actually amazed that this author found a publisher for her gross miscarriage of teenage emotion. This book had the depth of a soup spoon. The only audience that could possibly enjoy it would be a group of sexually-curious thirteen-year-old girls who failed their English classes. I'm sorry if this review seems harsh...but I will never get the hour and a half I spent reading this back. Young Adults, save your time and money. Even Twilight is better than this.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window.