Christelle's Reviews > Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield

Jul 23, 12

Read on July 23, 2012

This book was fantastic.

There was so much about it that I loved.

First, I liked the eerieness of it all. It really is a book that you can't figure out. You can't guess who will do or say what or what will happen next. Very unpredictable. It also has this eerie vibe all throughout it. The whole book it charged with it, like before a storm, where you feel something is coming but aren't sure when.

Second, I love the small town books. I blame being raised on Stephen King for this. But there is a level of mystery and drama in small towns that really just draw me in.

The cast of characters was great. They were all so complex and a little bit twisted.

This book really reminded me of Imaginary Girls in a way. I think it was the small town eerieness and the writing style.

I admit, at times I was confused about chronology of events because of how the author writes. I had to reread some parts a couple of times in order to figure it out. However, I really do like her style, and that back-and-forth she does adds a level a drama. You know if shes going back in time it's because she's alluding to something she about to reveal.

Anyway, great book. I don't think there's much more to say.

I didn't think it was very YA though. I think it was a little too mature sometimes to be categorized with other teen reads, of which let's face it, most are silly. Alas, what can you do?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone.