Savannah's Reviews > Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Jul 23, 12

Read in July, 2012

This book was....okay. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Going into this I had already read another book by this author called "Peaches". It was cute, a chick-lit, funny, and all around a nice book. As I started reading this book I noticed the simalarities between the two. First of all both were slow paced which I thought, "That's alright, same author, same writing." But then I started to realize both just seemed the same as well. They had somewhat of the same characters and it just seemed like the same book with a (not-so) magical twist. That was the other thing that turned me off. No Magic. I wanted to slam the book down and never look at it again when I found that out. But then I realized it could still be a fantastic book. But it just simply wasn't. I never felt the love between Peter and Tiger Lily. That's why I never understood why it was so surprising that he ended up with Wendy. Wendy didn't bother me like she seems to be bothering everyone else. If anyone bothered me it was Tiger Lily. Something was off about her the whole time. I know she was just a brave and quiet person but that distances the reader from her and her mind. To understand the love story we need, well, her mind! Like I said, it didn't surprise me that Peter ended up with Wendy in the end. You can try this book but it dosn't give you the same magical feeling that the origional story does.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Lily.