Maya's Reviews > Timeless Desire

Timeless Desire by Gwyn Cready

Jul 23, 2012

Read in July, 2012

While not a librarian herself, Gwyn Cready hits the nail on the head for most of the librarians I know. We are a sassy bunch, and several of the quips made on the profession itself are hilarious and spot-on. From Panna's dislike for Wikipedia (even though she admits its usefulness) to the stereotypes and small details of program development and interlibrary loan, I was thoroughly impressed with Cready's research into the field.

Historically speaking, I have no idea how accurate this story is. My area of expertise (if it could be called that) is more in Asian history, not European, so I couldn't confirm any of the happenings mentioned. That said, I still thoroughly enjoyed the goings-on and while yes, it is a romance, it felt almost natural, all things considered.

At first, I was a bit confused about the characters Adderly and Bridgewater (read through halfway the book to see why, I'm not going to spoil it) but things came together well in the end. A bit too perfectly in some respects but still well done.

I'm definitely recommending this to any and all of my fellow librarians that want a little historical romance. It's fun and fast-paced and I'll definitely look into more by this author.

A sassy librarian heroine? Yes please!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless Desire.