Laura's Reviews > Unwanted

Unwanted by Kristina Ohlsson

Jul 23, 12

Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** While she's not the 'next Jo Nesbo' as the jacket blurb suggests, this is a tight book. It's obviously the first in series and it introduces us to a crime solving team with all their quirks. While the details of the mystery are interesting and well-drawn, the ending feels a little rushed and the identity of the perpetrator seems kind of forced - I thought we should have been casually introduced to the perp a little earlier. And the whole red herring thing with Ellen's beau just wasn't called for; the storyline with Gabriel Sebastiansson could have been wrapped up better. I found myself wondering about his fate, and what happened to his mother.

While I liked the team for the most part, I felt like the author was trying a little too hard to make Frederika unconventional. I also didn't get the feeling she was hesitant about the work, as the author kept telling us.

I felt in general she could do a little more show and a little less tell, but overall this was a strong summer read and I will definitely check out the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwanted.