Brittany's Reviews > November Blues

November Blues by Sharon M. Draper

F 50x66
Jul 23, 2012

Read in December, 2011

I like the book November Blues because Sharon M. Draper gives us a moral lesson on what happens when you have a baby at such a young age, and the consequences that can happen once the adults find out about it. For exapmle,(page 1) when November found out that she was pregnant she was afraid to tell her mom because she felt that her mom was going to hate her for it. Also,(page 2)November's boyfriend, Josh, died from jumping from a 2 story window to join a gang, and since he is dead he can't be there to take of the baby.

My stepmom would like this if she was to see this happen in real in life. The reason she would like this is because there are some heart felt moments and moments where you would cry beacause the characters are going through things that are heartbreaking. Also, Novembe ris trying to prevent Josh's parents from taking her baby away because they feel that she is not ready to take of the baby. Josh's cousin Jericho is also trying to help November keep her baby from Josh's parents, and he promised her that he will help take of the baby.

One challenge of the book was the point of view because in each chapter the point of view's change, and you start to wonder what is happeneing in each chapter. You start to ask what is going on and why does the character point of veiw keep changing from each chapter, is it Jericho or November telling the story.

I would describe Jericho as a wonderful person to do help November take care of the baby and prevent Josh's parents from taking the baby from her. Also, Jericho decided to help take care of November's baby without hesitation and wanted to make sure that the baby had a father figure in its life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read November Blues.