Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Assassin and the Empire

The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Jul 23, 12

The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.4)The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anyone who has been reading these excellent novellas knew this was not going to be a happy reading experience. the teaser for the novel Throne of Glass was included in the back of the last novella and those of us (like me) who stupidly read it already knew there was going to be a bad ending here, what we did NOT know was how bad it was going to be. Our plucky Assassin we have traveled through 4 novellas with now has hit bottom, she is in desperate straights and has lost pretty much everyone she ever cared about. This novella is required reading before the novel so you will know how she arrived in the situation the novel starts with and how horribly she was betrayed, I expect the blood will flow freely in the Throne of Glass novel, these novellas have all been excellent and we now know what to expect and anything less than revenge and excellent writing would be a disappointment, read all the novellas and then get the book, you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Empire.