Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Primal Possession

Primal Possession by Katie Reus

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ebook, net-galley, paranormal-romance, request
Read from July 23 to 25, 2012

The shifters of Fontana, North Carolina are still experiencing attacks from the APL, the Anti-Paranormal League. The group has targeted the loved ones of the shifters. They have a very specific reason and they know it is only a matter of time before the shifters give them exactly what they are looking for. The APL members have escalated their attacks in an attempt to see their plan fully culminate. The local law enforcement can only do so much and the Armstrong Cordona Pack is taking as many matters as they can into their own hands.

I LIKED Liam! I can only read so many “you are my mate, mate with me” before the eye rolling kicks in. Liam knew December was his mate the moment he saw her. The sexual tension between them in Alpha Instinct had me anticipating their own book. They did not disappoint. I loved how Liam approached his first relationship with a human. After some advice he decided dating and getting to know her was going to soften her to him. He tried to be patient while waiting for her to acknowledge what he already knew. Now this does not mean he didn’t make some unwise decisions in doing what he thought was best for her, but him attempting courting was very sweet.

December makes a halfhearted attempt to fight her attraction, but really why bother when one has access to all that sexy alpha yumminess. She does have a few reasons to be weary of Liam, the lupine shifter who is always there in the shadows protecting her and saving her. Her brothers are the biggest problem. She lost one to an attack and the other is threatening with asinine ultimatums. December is much like Liam in regards to family loyalty. She is also strong and willing to fight for what she wants, just like Liam. I loved a spat scene between them, she starts throwing something at him and it is so apropos for that moment.

The secondary couple Kat and Jayce brought some interesting tension to the pages. I hope that Katie is planning their book next in the series. They are going to have one hell of book.

My only disappointment was there was a little too much rehashing for my tastes. The rehashing also almost pushed into info-dump at one point. One could almost start the series with this book. Granted the reader would miss out on December and Liam's initial meeting. Primal Possession is still a great book regardless of this though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Primal Possession.

07/24/2012 page 150
41.0% "Very good so far!"