Cristina's Reviews > The Dex-Files

The Dex-Files by Karina Halle

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: companion-to-series, paranormal, supernatural-subject, character-insight
Read in August, 2012

Declan Foray is one sick messed up filbert. And yet, so much more complex than Mr. 50 Shades (the previous series I'd read). Seriously, I love the guy (Dex), and to get into his head was actually rather frightening, a bit sickening, and oh so heart-breaking! He has so much potential for greatness, if only he would get out of his own way!

I'm sure I have more to say, but I need to collect my thoughts.

Thoughts collected:

The Dex Files, as coined by Rebecca in "On Demon Wings," is precisely that. Imagine if you will,ala Rod Serling, a boy who has been touched by something amazing. Only in the grand scenario of nature versus nurture, we can totally see how nurture plays a big part in how he is the way he is. From the time he was in his single digits, to a peek into how he's dealing in the future of "In the Hollow," the life of Declan Foray is nothing short of a roller coaster. And he has Perry to thank for some of that. What we could only speculate (along with Perry) in the previous novels, we can now see. I found most of it not surprising. As much as he had tried to hide, there was just enough clues to virtually expose him.

Perhaps the more interesting reveals are the teasers around Maximus. There's a guy who certainly isn't saying something.

Anyways, short end of the stick. I loved being in Dex's mind. In so many ways I just want to wrap my arms around him, pull him to my chest and tell him it will all be ok. I'm on his team, and I want him to be with Perry. Cuz I certainly don't want his crazy nut of baggage mucking up my days! I love you, but at a distance.

Go forth and love him as I love him. Or not. But don't be afraid to take his mind trip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dex-Files.