Lisa's Reviews > Angel Arias

Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres

Jul 23, 12

Cover:

If you've already read my review of Burn Bright, the first book in the Night Creatures series, you know that I think these covers are pieces of art!

I couldn't imagine how much work went into these!

Story Line:

Before I start this review officially, I just want to inform you that this book is the SECOND PART to a SERIES! So if you haven't read the first book, but plan to soon, please be cautious of my spoiler warnings; I don't want to ruin everything for you!

After running away from Seal, to Ixion, looking for her older brother (Joel), Retra (Naif) now knows even Ixion has it's problems. Naif was never really into running away to go partying like the rest that she's arrived with, but instead Naif's searching for Joel, who took the same trip to Ixion, a while back.

Ixion, isn't what Naif was expecting. Everyone has a badge on their arm, telling them when to sleep, clothes are supplied in lockers throughout various locations, gangs exist, and night creatures are lurking.

*Spoiler Warning* At the end of the first book, Naif has found her brother, become close with Lenoir, a head leader, and is taken away from Ixion by Ruzalia (Joel's gang leader).

Angel Arias, starts with Naif, Markes, and Charlonge in a hotel, with lots of others that Ruzalia took with her; leaving Ixion behind, to try to find out what's going on with the Ripers (watchers of Ixion) and the Councilors.

Now having to go back home, where she not too long ago ran away from, to find out more about what's going on. And explaining her finds to Ruzalia.

I really enjoyed Burn Bright, so I had pretty high expectations for Angel Arias! I would recommend though, to read a little bit more carefully at the beginning of Angel Arias, because a lot's going on and it gets a bit confusing. I had to read the first four chapters twice, until it finally made sense to me, and than I felt stupid for not knowing earlier.

The characters in this book are amazing, their names are really different and interesting. Angel Arias is a book published in Australia, so I don't know if these names are common there or not, but some of my favorite ones were Markes, Ruzalia and Liam.

Throughout the book, Naif spends a lot of time alone with Markes, since their going to the Grave together. Naif starts having feelings for him, but she doesn't really want to admit or accept that she does. But when Markes shows affection towards another girl (Emilia), that his hasn't seen for a while, she feels hurt.

I hope Markes and Naif's relationship goes farther in the third book, I really want to see what happens!

Not only was Burn Bright amazing, but I love Angel Arias! I have over the top expectations for the third book in the series!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Arias.