Jennifer's Reviews > A Once Crowded Sky

A Once Crowded Sky by Tom   King

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from July 25 to August 06, 2012

First off, I would like to say I won this book in a giveaway from GoodRea

You start off with a world full of superheroes and villians, fighting their battles over and over again. Then something called The Blue comes into the picture changing everything. All superheroes have to give up their powers to save the world. One, Ultimate, has to sacrifice his life.

PenUltimate was Ultimate's sidekick for many years, before resigning to live a normal life with his wife. He was the only one who did not show up to defeat The Blue, meaning he now is the strongest man in the world.

This books in written in comic book style, even down to the comic panels before each section. I liked the basis of the story; superheroes learning to adjust to normal living, and the struggles they have managing it. I found the beginning a bit repetitive at times, but it got better the more I read. I definitely got a feel for the characters, as they were beautifully described and given their own background story segment in the book.

I would recommend this book for all you comic books fans out there, and anyone interested in a good superhero read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Once Crowded Sky.

07/27/2012 "I won this book from GoodReads First Reader giveaways. Can't wait to start it when it comes in the mail!"
08/02/2012 "Just received this book in the mail! As soon as I get through Hunger Games, I'm cracking this one open!"
08/05/2012 page 53
16.0% "So far, I'm reading into the back story of it all. And the illustrations are quite lovely."
show 4 hidden updates…