Lisa's Reviews > Mercy

Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Jul 23, 12

Cover:

Looking up this book, on either barnesandnobles.com, amazon, borders.com or goodreads, the picture does this cover no justice! Before judging it you MUST see it in person!

The whole sleeve is shimmery and shiny, the title is written out in a beautiful teal font, and when looking a bit closer, you can even see the girl's angel wings in the background.

I usually don't like covers with just a character, simply because you can't really guess what the story might be about! But the cover Mercy, has a dark background, and you can see the angel wings indented behind the character. Automatically, you can tell the story is about angels, and it might not always be a happy and light read, because it has it's dark parts too.

When it comes down to it, I'm a sucker for this cover! It looks amazing!:D

Characters-

Favorite:

Hands down, no questions asked, Mercy the main character. At first her story and life is a bit confusing and hard to understand. She doesn't live a normal life, like you and I do. Instead she travels from one body to the next, never really knowing when the change might happen and not having the chance to prevent it.

Least Favorite:

All schools, groups, and clubs, have a "mean girl". Yes, she's the one, who talks behind everyone's back, pushes you around and humiliates you in front of a big crowd.

In Mercy this girl happens to be Tiffany, who plays the perfect "mean girl" role. All the way from calling her friends names, to thinking she's the best at everything.

Story Line:

This time around Mercy inhabits the body of a girl name Carmen, who is on her way to chorus camp. Instead of staying in a log cabin, Mercy stays with a host family, who has been through a lot of their own problems; including losing their daughter.

Not only has Ryan (their son) lost his twin sister, but in a way, his parents too. While Ryan still believes his sister is somewhere out there alive, his parents have given up and settled with the idea of Lauren never coming back. But Ryan, on the other hand, doesn’t want to even think about that, and continues searching.

Wanting to help Mercy uses a few of her powers, to find out information; hoping to bring Ryan farther along with his search.

Will Mercy reveal her true self? Her powers? Whats really going on with her? And most importantly, was Ryan right to think his sister is alive? Will they find her?

I had a awesome time reading Mercy, and kept me on my toes throughout the whole story! I can't wait to finish the rest of the series(:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy.