Lisa's Reviews > Monster High

Monster High by Lisi Harrison

Jul 23, 12

Cover:

Monster High, just proves that not all books with monsters or creatures, you would "think" don't really exist, have to be scary, or horror books.

From the cute diamond skull with the big pink bow, to the leather background, with pink stitching, this cover just screams cute.

I've seen the other two Monster High books, that are so far out, and I think this cover would have to be my favorite...I think it's because of all of the pink(:

Story Line:

I've recently joined together with Belinda over at burnbright.com.au, to create a book club. Every month, we decide on a book we want to read, and discuss it at the end of that month. We let the readers know what books we plan on reading, months prior; giving everyone, enough time to go out, get a copy, and still have time to finish it.

We decided on a few books including Monster High #3, Angel Arias, Matched, and Elixir. I've never read any of the Monster High books, so to review the third book, I would have to scramble to even get my hands on and finish reading the first two!

Have you ever gotten that feeling, where you think someone is watching you? Have you ever gotten that feeling with books? I do, ALL the time. I feel like they follow me everywhere I go, Barnes and Nobles, grocery shopping, at school, and sometimes even at home, if my mom or brother might already be reading them!

This is how I felt about Monster High, everywhere I turned I would see it! Until it finally cornered me in Burn Bright Book Club(:

Frankie Stein and Melody Carver are the two main characters, two total opposites, and each with their own personnel problem. While Frankie Stein is a monster, and isn't allowed to do some of the things normal teenagers do, Melody has serious asthma, and worries about her looks, after her surgery.

It was amazing how much Frankie grew, from being home schooled and only knowing her parents (who created her) to going to high school, making tons of friends, and embracing who she really is, and that its okay to be what she is.

But on the other hand Melody, grew and became more comfortable with herself too. From claiming she's the ugly duckling in the family, and being shy of her new look after her surgery, she learns to relax a little and even starts liking a special boy.

I had a great time reading Monster High, Lisi Harrison has a great writing style, that leaves you wanting more, and really keeps you interested! I can't wait to start reading the rest of the series, and see how Frankie and Melody continue to grow(:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster High.